LowYatGamerTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing??

4 posters

Go down

XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing?? Empty XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing??

Post  thedragonreborn Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi.. New to the XBOX scene. I have always been a PS guy. But the scene there is really going downhill, so considering getting a 360 (too many new games piling up in the "to-play" list). Plus Kinect is just too cool Very Happy

I was doing a bit of research on modded units, and was at Sungai Wang plaza today. A shop there was selling the following (these are all Kinect ready units):

XBOX Slim 4GB - 1350rm
XBOX Slim 160GB JTAG - 1850rm
XBOX Slim 250GB - 1550rm

He told me the advantage of JTAG is that I can run homebrews and perform FTP of games into the HDD of the unit and play directly without need for a CD, whereas the other 2 consoles would require CD to play. This sounded very similar to my PS3.

The question I have is whether it is worth investing the additional 500 or so for the JTAG unit? I have heard that XBOX CD's are region locked, so the JTAG would definitely be a plus as it can negate this issue.

As an added bonus, the shop was providing 15 free games with the JTAG unit, while 4GB model had no games with it.

I would really appreciate your suggestions and inputs so that I could make an informed decision and purchase the right console.

Thanks in advance!!

thedragonreborn
Ah Beng

Back to top Go down

XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing?? Empty Re: XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing??

Post  bopiang Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

to tell the truth, price of jtag is too xpensive. otherwise, is a good buy, if u not playing on LIVE

bopiang
Moderator cum Console Mod Guru
Moderator cum Console Mod Guru

Back to top Go down

XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing?? Empty Re: XBOX 360 JTAG - Is it worth purchasing??

Post  skylg8 Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

i suggest u just buy the original xbox slim, then go find other shop to JTAG/RGH, my area , ampang carrefour here, offer RM250 only for Jtag @@

Plus the jtaged XBOX i alrdy test, i no feel any LAG, some1 told me jtaged xbox will take 1 min to 10 min to boot... hell i just boot like normal with 1 sec lag !

Another thing , dun go to Sungai Wang, many conman, especially that Tech2 , conman true !if u think u wan to buy original set from him, then, u bad luck, ur XBOX will never CAN be jtag or Mod later, he alrdy choosen all Mod-able XBOX out, and sell all cant mod 1.

so beware

skylg8
Ah Beng

Back to top Go down

Post  izzual Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 am

tech2 are conman?so carrefour ampang u said,could u be more specific?if i notice it got 2 shop right?

izzual
Ah Beng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down